Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Another Little Miracle

I've been thinking lately about the little miracles and blessings in my life, especially during difficult times, and President Eyring's conference talk in October 2007. His admonition to "write them down" has had me thinking about this blog lately. So, I'm going to be recording the blessings, miracles, and tender mercies from a loving Father in Heaven as they happen to us, in hopes that our family (and yours) will be able to see that Heavenly Father's hand is in our lives.

I'll try not to make it too tedious, long or over-emotional. Something that I'm very good at, by the way.

In April, Mike's side started hurting pretty badly. He went to the doctor who, over a period of time, ordered x-rays, ultrasounds, and blood work. When the ultrasound came back with the results of an enlarged liver, spleen, and kidney, he ordered a CT scan and more blood work.

Words like fatty liver disease, gallbladder disease, and cancer were thrown around.

I began seriously freaking out, because:

1) I kinda like the guy and I really didn't want anything to be wrong with him and

2) He brings home the bacon (and the health insurance) and we kinda, sorta need those things :)

We've been praying and fasting and trying to have faith that everything would be okay. On Tuesday he went to the doctor to get his results, and everything came back completely normal.

No enlargements, swelling, gallstones, or tumors. His blood work was perfect. And his doctor said that everything was fine... he looked, well, really healthy. He's not even experiencing pain anymore.

While I don't know that anything was seriously wrong to begin with, I know that things were enlarged and no longer are. I know it's because Heavenly Father heard our prayers. I am so thankful for His tender mercies.

1 comment:

Grammy Suzzy said...

Oh, Allison, you have me in such a wad of tears!!! I am just a mess!! You guys never let on when things are wrong...just that independent side of you that we all love!!! Anyway, I am soooo thankful for your miracle.! We just love Michael so, so much, and are so glad that he is feeling better!!!! What a great blessing. Thanks for sharing!