Friday, July 10, 2009

A Little More Pregnancy Stuff

Some more stuff about the baby.

I'm going to stop soon. Promise.

- This will be baby #3.

- They will have all been born 3 years apart: '03, '06, '09

- They will all have been born in 3 different cities: Phoenix, Flagstaff, Las Vegas

- So far, this pregnancy has been so good. Not one bit of sickness or tiredness or awfulness. If it wasn't for the fact that pretty much anything makes me cry and the little wiggles inside of me, I would have no idea that I was pregnant. I think it's a tender mercy from Heavenly Father.

- I had wanted to keep it from the kids as long as I could, telling them just before my 17 week ultrasound. However, 2 weeks ago I got a UTI, and had to bring them to the doctor with me. When the nurse asked how many times I had been pregnant, I replied, "5." I didn't think Adam was paying attention at all. When the nurse left however, he said, "Mom, I know that 2 babies died. And Grace and I make 4. Where's the last one?" And he wouldn't let it drop. At all. So, I had to tell them about the coming baby in the oh-so-cozy atmosphere of the doctor's office. Not exactly how I pictured it.

- Adam is ridiculously excited about it being a boy. He and Grace came to the ultrasound, and when the tech said it was a boy, he shrugged his shoulders and said, "I know. I told you so." He asks me about 500 times a day, "Mom, how many boys are in our family? And how many girls? And now who rules the family?" He's loving the boy thing. He's just tickled that the baby is going to wear all of his old clothes.

- Grace loves the baby. She has woken up every day since I told her by asking where her baby is.

- Though she LOVES babies (and she really does), she's also a mama's girl and extremely jealous. I'm a bit worried about how she's going to do.

- The whole family went to the ultrasound. Mike and I thought it would be a good experience for everyone. It was. It was an especially good experience for Mike's patience, as Grace was more interested in applying ultrasound goop to her tummy than seeing the baby on the t.v. screen.

- I have to have a repeat c-section, so the baby will be born before my actual due date. Adam and Grace both came 3 weeks early, and I was hoping for another one of those. But, I guess recent studies (bah!) have come out saying that babies should stay in as long as possible, even if there lungs are ready. So, my doctor doesn't want to go too early. I was hoping for the last week of November (Thanksgiving week), because Adam is out of school that whole week. But, that puts me 3 weeks out, and my doctor is saying one. Which isn't too bad, because Adam will just have one week of school then before he gets out for winter break. We'll see.

- As far as names go, Adam wants "Christafuss" (no idea how to spell that-he's been obsessed with this name he made up for a while now), "Jack," "Jake," or "Christian." Grace likes "Icka" and "Anna." Mike and I have no idea yet.

Okay. I think I've got all of the pregnancy stuff out of my system. Well, blogging about it constantly, anyways. Regular blogging to resume soon. :)

1 comment:

Grammy Suzzy said...

Papa laughed and laughed...boys rule! Anyway, if it means anything...and it really doesn't... Christafuss doesn't exactly fit on the Christmas stocking I am making to hang on our fireplace. Again, we are so very thankful and so very happy for all of you! This sweet new little boy is one blessed baby!!! We love ALL of you to death!!!