Friday, July 3, 2009

Behind My Kitchen Cupboard


About two months ago, I told Mike that plastic freaked me out and that I wanted to switch all of our plastic cups to glass.

And even though I seriously doubted that he was listening to me as I ranted about the ill-effects of phthalates, dioxins, and BPA on one's health (because, really, not an exciting thing to listen to), I remembered who I was talking to and quickly added, "I really want them to be brand-new. And match-y. So, I'm just going to save up for them."

Because I know where he works.

(Not that there's anything wrong with buying used glassware, people).

A month ago he proudly came home with brand-new cups me.

They are made of glass.

They are brand-new.

And they do match one another.

But, they are not what I had in mind.


Apparently Kenya's Cakes of the Stars went out of business recently, and donated all of their new merchandise (shirts, mugs, etc.) to D.I.

Lucky me.

On a bright note, all 38 only cost $3.

And I definitely won't mind when one breaks.

And they are the perfect size for brownies or cake in a mug.*

Unfortunately, they are also super ugly, and I have to explain to all our visitors why we are advertising Kenya's failed business venture.


It's made for a good laugh, anyways. :)


*Mix up your favorite brownie/cake mix or from-scratch recipe. Pour into greased microwave-safe mugs until 1/2 filled and place on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave 1 minute for gooey, 2 minutes for done. Serve warm with spoons. Refrigerate any leftover batter.

4 comments:

Amanda said...

This seriously had me laughing.

kedwards said...

Hilarious! That is so Mike!

Kristi said...

Nice!

Kathy said...

Wow!! You are so lucky!!!!! You can always count on Mike! Happy 4th (tomorrow).