Friday, February 22, 2008

Proud Mommy Moment, Silly Adam, and Adorable!

Adam read his first entire book today all by himself! I really hope that I don't sound like I'm bragging... but I am SO proud of him! Last year I taught him all of the letters and letter sounds, and then about a month ago, he started sounding out words and reading. This has made stretching the truth to him a little more difficult... (i.e. "Mom, why do you say that that place is closed? O-P-E-N spells 'open'"). But, we hadn't attempted reading any books entirely yet. At the library yesterday, we checked out some of the "Early Readers" books, and he read one of them all by himself today. I am so happy that he loves reading. It was the sweetest thing in the world today, to cuddle next to him, while he read. Yay, Adam!


Every Thursday at the library, they have a performance for kids. We try and go to it a few times a month. Yesterday, we watched "Lacey the Performing Dog" do some tricks. Her trainer juggled with her on his back, she lept through hoops, and "spoke." For her final trick, she jumped over 5 kids. Adam watched as she did this and was immediately rewarded with a bacon treat. As we were leaving to check out our books, he asked if we could stop at the store for some bacon. When I asked why, he told me that he figured if HE ate bacon (like Lacey), he would be able to leap over children at the park. So funny. However, if that's his train of thought, I kinda wish that the trainer had rewarded Lacey with broccoli. :)

Last night, as I was finishing up the dishes, Adam and Grace were playing in the living room before bed. Adam left to choose some books, and I noticed that Grace was being awfully quiet. We have a bunch of stuff by our door for Mike to take to D.I., including our cold carseat. After looking around for her for awhile, I found her in it! She had crawled in the carseat, and had falled asleep. It was the most adorable thing ever. Sigh... I love that girl. However, I really wish that she had enjoyed her carseat when she actually FIT in it, as much as she does now. :)


All right... we aren't getting a hamster. Mike's definitely against it. However, I think once we move over to our new apartments, we will probably get a fish (start small, right?). And I can probably get at least 10 minutes of peace out of that one. :)

2 comments:

Grammy Suzzy said...

Hooray for Adam! He is now a super reader!!! And Grace is just soooo cute, as always! As for the fish, remember to use COLD water...and maybe, just maybe, you should let Mike handle the fish, etc. Your history with finned creatures is not very good :) (I love you, Allison!!!)

stacey said...

So sad about the hamster. :( I was really looking forward to hearing all the stories. I'm sure a fish will be just as entertaining. Maybe you'll even get a pregnant one and have LOTS of little fish! ;)