Thursday, February 28, 2008

I Just Can't Win

Grace had her 18-month well check today. I can not believe she's 18 months (or, she will be in 2 days)... CRAZY! She weighed 24 pounds (50th percentile... yay!) and is 33 inches tall (90th percentile... yay!). I was super-happy because she had gained 3 pounds since her last appointment, and it's been such an ordeal for almost a year now to get her to gain weight. I thought her doctor would be thrilled.

Her reaction?

"Wow! 3 pounds in 3 months? What's she eating? We don't want her to become overweight."

I'm glad we're moving to the other side of town, and will then find a new pediatrician. Because I just can't win with this one. :)

1 comment:

Grammy Suzzy said...

My goodness, there is just no pleasing that Doctor! Just be thankful that you are not the spouse of her/him! And congrats to Gracie for gaining weight while eating carrots and beets!