Thursday, February 28, 2008

Busy, Busy Day

We started the day with an 8:15 am appointemnt at the doctor for Grace's 18-month well check. This appointment was actually scheduled for Monday (the 3rd), so that Mike could stay home with Adam. However, the receptionist messed up and scheduled it earlier, and since I didn't want to pay a $25 cancellation fee (like that makes sense!), I went on in. Grace was very happy. She even listened to my instructions to not touch the toys, and we read books that I had brought. The MA opened the door, Grace said "hi" and walked back happily... until she spotted the scale.

I think she has some serious issues with it. Probably because I used to cry while I held her as a baby and sob, "You are not going to develop properly if you don't gain weight! Please eat!" It's something she'll go over with a therapist someday. Anyway, she threw an immediate tantrum (head even banging on the floor), until I picked her up and walked past it. I already reported on her awesome weight gain. The doctor said she's doing fantastic, and I was very happy to tell her that she had finally kicked the bottle addiction (we went cold-turkey last night, and threw it away... I reasoned my white lie with that she didn't ask WHEN she gave up the bottle). We got to the immunizations, and I was very worried that Grace would have another panic attack. But, nope! She didn't even flinch! I couldn't believe it. What a girl!



After the doctor, we headed over to Target to get a prescription filled for Grace's eczema cream. And I found some clearanced clothes for Adam for next year (it kinda just hit me recently that he can't go in his underwear to Kindergarten, so I've been stocking up on the clearance racks). And 2 hours later, we left. I don't know why we feel the need to walk up and down every aisle when we go to Target, but we do. It's just fun.

We then came home, made lunch, and Grace took a nap. I packed some boxes, and then un-packed them, when I realized that I still needed some of the dishes I had packed. Moving stinks.

At 2:30 we went over to the library, to check out some books, and watch a marionette puppet show. It was way cool. The Fratello Marionettes performed, "Peter and the Wolf" and the kids both LOVED it! It was really fun to watch... Grace especially loved the wolf. After the play, they showed the kids the rest of the marionettes and explained how they are made. And then they performed a song with a mummy that kept losing parts throughout the song. These guys were talented... and now Adam has added ANOTHER thing to his list of "What I Want to Be When I Grow Up": Cool Puppet Man.


We got home at about 5:00, and while I made dinner (Creamy Italian Chicken-Adam's current favorite), Grace rotated my food storage for me. I don't even know how she got the lid off. But, hey, at least we are using it, right? Thanks, Grace! :)
Wow! We had a really fun, long, tiring day. I don't know why, because we really didn't even do that much, but for some reason, going out with kids is just exhausting. Have a great day, everyone! I'm off to go sweep up some wheat (don't be too jealous)! :)

No comments: