Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Our New Apartment

So, you all know that we've been looking at apartments for a while. We narrowed are search down to 2. Neither were in a great area, but they weren't in horrible areas either. One seemed SO much better to me. It had a slightly better school, bigger apartments that had a security gate, and were in a bit of a better area. The other apartments that we looked at had more grass and play area, but the school didn't meet state requirements last year (not enough kids passed the test and lots of violence). So, obviously I was leaning toward the other one.

Mike and I prayed about it together, and we knew without a doubt that we should move to the apartments that weren't so great. Isn't that how it goes. :) I'm still a little nervous about moving there, but I know that it's where we should be. And it kinda helped me with Adam's schooling, too, because there's NO WAY he's going to THAT school! So I filled out paperwork at 2 charter schools and I'm praying he gets into one. Otherwise, I'm homeschooling him.





So, here's some pictures of the apartment complex and the floorplan. It's pretty cute, right? We are excited to live closer to Mike's work so we can see him again! It always makes me sad when Adam and Grace go days without seeing him (some days he leaves before they get up, and he gets home after they are asleep). They are SO happy about spending more time with him, and occassionally dropping in for lunch (I'm happy, too). We are excited to make some new friends and see where our lives bring us in a new ward and area!

2 comments:

Grammy Suzzy said...

What a nice looking apartment! It looks like the kitchen is bigger, and you only lose 1 bathroom...and that means only one bathroom to clean!!! Glad you prayerfully found yourself a new home.

Amanda said...

I am glad you guys will get to see Mike more. We are dreading when school starts for Hailey because Nathan will only get to see her in the mornings when she is getting ready to go.

I hope this new apartment is good for you guys and that everything works out.