Sunday, December 2, 2007

Low Carbin' It

The appointment was just about as bad as I imagined it. Actually, it was a bit worse because they gave Adam his shot before Grace had her well check. He screamed and kicked, so Grace decided that if Adam hated the doctor, she would, too. She screamed the ENTIRE time-getting weighed, getting her head measured, the doctor listening to her heart, and ESPECIALLY the shots. Goodness! She screamed and screamed and curled into a little ball on my shoulder and gasped for breath. The nurse freaked out. Adam freaked out. The doctor ran in. Oh... boy.

She is such a little actress. I wish I could describe it. When someone comes up to her and says hi, she cocks her head to the side, grins, giggles and says 'hi.' When she's in trouble, she just completely melts and sobs. When she's in pain, she won't breathe. She's hysterical.

So, she weighed 21 pounds and is 31 inches long. She's in the 25th percentile (again) for weight, and in the 90th percentile (again) for height. The doctor (I need to find a new pediatrician, because seriously, I'm not lovin' this one) said, "Are you feeding her?" Really, was I supposed to do that? Man... kids should come with an owner's manual! I said (very nicely), "Yes, she eats all of the time." She looked at me like I was a liar, and said, "Well, do you give her meats and cheeses or just fruit and vegetables." And I swear, I was thisaclose to saying, "Actually, all she eats are meats and cheeses. She's on the low carb plan."

But of course, I didn't. Maybe I should've though... I wonder what she would have said. :)

1 comment:

Ashlynn and Coleton said...

You should have told the doctor that some kids are just small GENIUS. I mean they have to see small kids like that often. Doc. are idiots.