Saturday, December 15, 2007

Christmas Mishaps, Dancing, and Adam

It's beginning to look a lot like..... my Christmas decorations are falling apart! Aagh! The other night I came home from going on a walk and discovered that the back of the gingerbread house had collapsed! I am 99% sure that it was because Mike and Adam were playing ball in the house, but I have had NO confessions. I seriously feel like I have 3 kids, except Mike is worse, because he CONVINCES Adam to break the rules ("Really, Mommy won't mind if we...."). Terrible.











We have had several ornaments broken, including this ballerina (isn't it morbid?) one that I've had since I was 4. Not sure what happened their either. AND I had several salt dough ornaments that I've made through the years ruined. Grace loves to EAT them! Gross (and probably not very safe!). I had to throw most of them away and put away the rest because she climbs up on things to get these off the tree. Yuck!

I like to do ALL of our laundry at once. I spend all day Friday washing and drying it. Then Saturday morning, Adam and I dump all of the baskets on the floor and fold them. It's probably not the best way, but it works for us. Anyways, we always check a movie out of the library to watch while we fold. Today, we watched High School Musical. And it was as cheesy as I thought it was going to be (but fun, too... Adam had really wanted to watch it for some reason... lol). But, the funniest part was Grace. She danced throughout the ENTIRE movie! It was hilarious! She's danced a bit here and there, but never this much! She pretty much puts her arms out, and rotates back and forth like crazy. Sort of like weird 80s aerobics. Too funny. Adam couldn't stop laughing!




And speaking of Adam... ever since his tantrum earlier this week, he has been incredible. I'm not sure whether it's that he's worried about Santa not coming or that I'm just a fantastic parent (I'm leaning more towards the Santa theory), but he's been great! He shares all of his toys, has been super kind to Grace, has cleaned his room every day without complaint, etc. He's been so great! Maybe he just needs to get all of his anger out once in a while... I don't know. But whatever it is, it works for me.

I have been putting off going to the store (don't want a tantrum repeat), but we were absolutely out of food, so I decided to brave going to the store with them yesterday. He was perfect! Yay! He said the funniest thing, too. We were in the produce section at Smiths, and I called for him to hurry up. He ran up and said, "Mom, but I was being good." I asked, "What were you doing?" He replied, "Cleaning up some fruit that had fallen on the ground so that the workers didn't have to pick it up." I was thrilled, and said, "Thanks, Adam, that was really nice of you." He replied, "Of course, I WAS the one who knocked them on the ground in the first place..." LOL! The produce manager was stocking oranges and overheard and thought it was the funniest thing. He said it had made his day.

He is getting SO excited for Christmas! He loves hanging up the ornaments on our Advent calendar that my Grandma made for me years ago... he runs every morning to do it. Too fun!




Tomorrow night (Sunday) we are sleeping out in the living room by the tree! Mike doesn't have to work Monday, so I thought it was the best day for it. We borrowed The Polar Express from the library to watch beforehand. On Monday we are decorating our sugar cookies (oh, boy!) and making up plates and bags to bring around. Can't wait! I tried a new recipe for the sugar cookies and they are GOOD!

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend! I can't believe next weekend we will be in Phoenix seeing all of you! Aagh! :)

No comments: