Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Christmas Campout, DI Christmas, and Watch Out!

Our Christmas campout on Sunday night was SO much fun! We popped a bowl of popcorn and watched The Polar Express. I had never seen it, and it was pretty cute. Not my favorite holiday film, but fun. After brushing our teeth and our nightly ritual of reading a Christmas story and singing a Christmas song, Grace went to her crib, Adam and Mike got on the floor in the sleeping bag, and I slept on the couch (I totally chickened out, I know). We kept the Christmas lights on the tree and around the door on all night. Adam (surprisingly) went to sleep right away. It was a LOT of fun and definitely something we will be doing every year. Adam wants to do it EVERY night. :)




Today we went to the DI Christmas party. A little background: a few weeks ago we had our ward Christmas party, and they had ham to eat for dinner (how unusual... :) ). I guess maybe Adam has never eaten ham before (?), I don't know. But he LOVED it! It is normally hard to get him to eat and he went up 3 times for more ham! Too funny. Anyways, last week Mike invited us to the DI Christmas Party, and he mentioned they were having ham. Adam was so excited at the thought of having "his most favorite, delicious food!" LOL! We went down there for lunch and had a ton of fun! They had a really neat musical program and a slideshow. Sometimes I get frustrated with Mike working so far away and being gone so much and how much he gets paid, and then I go down, and see him around his employees and how much he loves them and loves his job, and it makes it totally worth it. They had ham, fruit, and multicultural dishes (everyone made something from their own culture): chow mein, Creole, and a spicy curry dish. They assigned Mike to bring mashed potatoes... I guess he has no special culture. :) For dessert they had pie and blue cupcakes... guess which Adam chose?


And... don't say I didn't warn you, but I got this package in the mail yesterday afternoon. They recently restructured the DI program, and Mike is supposed to be talking to everyone about DI and really focus on rehabilitating his staff. Well, apparently these movies may be part of it his plan. Don't put him in charge of any holiday entertaining this weekend or you just might get the DI lecture! :) (I'm just teasing you, Mike! Love you!)








1 comment:

Ashlynn and Coleton said...

What a great idea to do a Christmas camp out. I might try that one year when the kids get a little older maybe.