Friday, December 21, 2007

The Stockings are Hung on our Entertainment Center with Care

It's our Christmas Eve tonight. Yay (or, it was last night anyway... I guess it's officially our Christmas now, oh well). We spent the day cleaning and doing laundry and packing. After all of the boring stuff was out of the way, Adam and I decorated cookies, did a puzzle, and sang Christmas songs. His favorite is, " I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas." He complained and complained about me having Christmas music on all of the time ("because it's not awesome) until he heard THAT song. Then he was completely okay with it.















After Mike got home from work, we had to go to temple recommend interviews real quick (they only do them one day a month, unfortunately, so it had to be tonight). After that we came home, had some hot cocoa and acted out the nativity. I wish I had gotten a picture of it on the digital so I could put it up. It was SO cute! Grace was Mary, Adam was Joseph, and I played the shepherds/angel/wise men (I am tres talented). Mike read from Luke 2 while we acted it out. A doll was used for baby Jesus. It was adorable! I just put little pillowcases around their heads. Grace LOVES putting things on her head and she LOVES babies, so as Mike read the scriptures, Grace alternately shouted, "Pretty!" "Baby!" "Pretty!" It was soooooo cute! Even Adam had fun (though he really wanted to play the "bad guys"-soldiers that he saw at the live nativity with swords, what else?).

After that, they opened their Christmas PJs (they LOVED them... Adam got Spiderman, and Grace some cute pink-and-white ones). Too cute!




Then they left out the cookies and carrot for Santa and Rudolph, and went to bed, and they actually didn't take too long to get to sleep. Yay! My checklist is dwindling down:


-the lasagna is prepared for tomorrow night's dinner and waiting in the fridge
-the cinnamon rolls for tomorrow's breakfast are in the refrigerator, ready to be baked in the morning (I used this recipe, and they look GOOD... I think I gained 5 pounds just smelling them while I was making them :) )
-the frosting is mixed and ready to be spread on the cinnamon rolls
-the bags are packed
-the camcorder and cameras are ready to go
-the house is clean
-the presents are under the tree and the stockings are stuffed


I just need to finish washing the dishes, and we are set! Hopefully the kids sleep in a bit so I can get SOME sleep. Even if they don't, that's okay... being Santa is the best job in the world! I wanted to have as much done as possible so we can spend the day tomorrow together, just playing with the kids' toys and games and having fun. Tomorrow afternoon we are picking up the rental car, running some last-minute errands, and driving around looking at Christmas lights. I am SO excited for the kids to open their presents and spend the day with them! Please, Christmas, don't be late!

3 comments:

Ashlynn and Coleton said...

Man you are really on top of things good job. Either that or you are really excited to come

Grammy Suzzy said...

Oh, Allison, thank you so very much for sharing this blog with me. I was thinking last night and this morning about what you all might be doing and then I decided to check this...What a special night and special morning. Hope your day is full of love and happiness.

the W* family said...

We are so excited to come to Phoenix. You wouldn't believe it. But, I like getting things out of the way beforehand. That's just me. Can't wait to see you guys!