Thursday, December 13, 2007

Santa Surprise, DI Present, and Primary Present

A few Sundays ago, Adam sat down with Mike and wrote his letter to Santa. He asked for a few things (one of which is a Hot Wheels car with 80 spoilers... I guess this makes it go really fast?). Anyway, he was concerned about us being in Phoenix, so he asked Mike to tell him Grandma's address. He put it outside that night. The next day, Santa left him and Grace a letter with 2 candy canes! He told them that because they would be out of town and Adam has been SO good this year (this was before the tantrum the other day, though, who knows how Santa feels now :) ), he would make an extra special trip and come on the 21st to leave their presents! Adam was SO excited! He carried the letter with him for days, until it got really gross, and I took it. I love that he's at an age where he's getting excited about all of this stuff. And, I don't want it to be a problem with Adam already getting visited by Santa when we go to Phoenix, so I talked to him about keeping quiet about it, because he doesn't want to make anyone sad that they didn't get an early trip. He understands, and because he will be getting plenty of presents in Phoenix, it shouldn't be a big deal. Just wanted to let everyone know what was going on.

Mike came home the other day with a Christmas present from the First Presidency! I was kinda surprised, because he had been told that they don't do bonuses or Christmas parties. It's a really nice "Special Edition" of the Bible in actual leather, with a Christmas card of the First Presidency. I'm not really sure what the "Special Edition" is about (maybe I have to read it to find out...), but they are seriously nice scriptures. They are so nice that Mike said, "I don't want to actually use them and mess up the pages!" So funny. I guess he missed out because LAST year, everyone got a "Special Edition" triple combination. So, he will never have the complete set. Oh, well. It was really nice of them to do that.

Mike and I are co-CTR 5 teachers in Primary in our ward. I seriously love Primary. I have only ever had 1 calling that was NOT in Primary (Enrichment Committee years ago in Phoenix). I don't even know what I'd do if I wasn't in Primary... it would be weird. I absolutely adore our class. They are so much fun, and I was kinda getting sad about it being the end of the year, and having to let them go. But on Sunday, they gave us a Christmas present-an ornament with the pictures of all of our kids on it. So sweet! I love it! They gave us the new manuals and class lists for next year, too. We have the cutest kids in our class (they put Adam in the other CTR 5 class, which is good, I think), and I have the cutest idea of a little something to do for them to welcome them to our class. They don't do Primary quarterly activties in our ward, and I'm used to having one at the beginning of the year to welcome the new kids and introduce myself. Because we aren't having one, I baked an extra batch of sugar cookies with a "shield" cutout. After Christmas, I'm going to frost them green, and write CTR on them in white, put them in little bags, and bring them around to our class members, and tell them how happy we are to be their teacher. It should turn out cute. I'll post pics when I get them done.
It's actually been cool here the past few days and with our Christmas decorations up and all of the cookie baking it's really beginning to feel like Christmas! Yay! We have some fun Christmas plans this weekend, but I will have to blog about that later. Have a great day everyone!

3 comments:

Ashlynn and Coleton said...

That is a really cute idea. I need ideas for the 18 month olds in nursery. I really hate it, and i really need to learn to love it and have a better attitude about it. Help me Allison

the W* family said...

I loved being in nursery years ago. Of course, that was before I had kids, so I didn't do the nursery thing at church and go home and do the nursery thing there. :) Maybe you could do something cute for those who are moving up to Sunbeams? Hmmm...

Ashlynn and Coleton said...

Yeah but i dont have the kids that are moving up to sunbeams. I only have the 18 month olds, and then the kids that are going to be turning three that year go to the older nursery.