Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's Day 2011

We had such a fun Valentine's day together!

Josh was starting to get sick, and I was up with him. So, I asked Mike to take care of putting out the Valentine's treats we had gathered for the kids. I had planned on doing a treasure hunt, but never got around to it. He went to the store and bought some candy and put it all together. He did a good job! Adam and Grace were so excited when they woke up and Josh was crazy excited about the balloon Mike had got for him!



I had tried making freezer paper stencils to make some cute Valentine's shirts for the kids. It was a lot harder than I thought it would be-cutting all of the little details out with an X-acto knife! Maybe it would have made a difference if I had a smaller one, or one that turned... I don't know. I gave up after Adam's, and just hand-drew Grace's and Josh's. They turned out... okay. The kids loved them and Adam had fun wearing his to school on Friday. So, it all worked out. ;)





I decorated the house with hearts that I had written things that I loved about each person. That night we read the hearts and ate a heart-themed dinner.


I love our family SO much! I am such a lucky girl to have three wonderful kiddos and to get to be with their dad forever. It was a great Valentine's day!

No comments: