Sunday, May 9, 2010

Youth Auction

On Saturday we had our annual youth auction for our ward, so the YM/YW can raise money for their summer camps and activities.

Mike informed me (last minute) that he had to work late. We had already bought the tickets, though, so I decided to brave the dinner solo.

And we survived! In a public setting! Where they had to act like decent human children!

Well, only because one of my sweet friends claimed she didn't like lasagna and held Josh while I took Grace to the bathroom.

But, really, who doesn't like lasagna?

And another friend who claimed she was baby hungry, and walked him when he started fussing while I was helping Grace cut her dinner and quickly eating mine.

But, really, who is baby hungry?

Especially after reading my blog?

;)

It ended up being a lot of fun. The youth all get together and make all of the food: homemade lasagna, breadsticks, salad, and homemade rootbeer... aaannnddd... it's actually good!


We had already paid for Mike's ticket, and he wasn't going to get to eat. So, the kid's made up for our loss by eating their weight in breadsticks:


The ward members donates handmade (or bought) items, and there is a silent auction that goes on in a separate room to raise additional money.

My cute friend, Andrea, makes aprons and baby blankets. I've had my eye on a kid's one for Grace's birthday present (she loves to help me cook!). I won it for $10!


Isn't it darling?

I think I will get her a few more cooking utensils, a kids cookbook and call it good for her birthday present. She will love it!

We survived the night sans Mike, and, more importantly, had a great time together!!!

No comments: