Saturday, November 21, 2009

Yesterday...

... during a meeting that Mike had with his associates, one of them asked if he had any brothers, because she wanted to marry a guy "just like him." And then two other women blurted out that they had thought the same thing before. Including his associate who is over 60 years old. Because he is "SO patient and nice."

Apart from being slightly disturbed by this, my only thought while Mike was telling me this was, "Really? I want 'work Mike' to be the same person as 'father/husband Mike'."

He's nice and all. I just really don't think he's all that patient.

Maybe he uses all of his patience up at work?

***

... Adam came home from school, all ready for a 10-day break. He has a project due (on scorpions) the day he gets back, so we will be working on that. He brought home this cute turkey that he had made by tracing his foot and hands:


He also brought home a spelling list. It includes these words:

sisters
sister's
sisters'
uncles
uncle's
brothers
brother's
brothers'
diphtheria

Apparently in the next 10 days I have to teach him about possessives and plurals.

And explain what 'diphtheria' is, because he keeps asking.

***

... Grace talked to three telemarketers. This girl is OBSESSED with the phone, and thinks every call we get, she should get to talk. I have to fight her off of me the whole time I'm on the phone, while she sobs, "My turn to talk."

We've compromised. I get to talk to doctors and Relief Society presidents. She handles the telemarketers.

It makes her happy.


***

... I contemplated my long "to-do" list, which includes such items as:

Clean out under the refrigerator
Dust laundry room shelves
Clean out vacuum

Super useful things that I'm sure everyone who visits will be sure to check out. Not.

Nesting is strange.

I contemplated it for awhile. And then decided to paint my toenails instead. Bright pink.

It was the right thing to do.

4 comments:

Grammy Suzzy said...

Number one: when Grammy is there, she promises to do homework, but, like, how LONG does it take to just get the spelling done?...Adam, I love the turkey! And Grace, I am so jealous of those telemarketers! I Love to talk to you on the phone! Nesting is not all it's cracked up to be...I want pics of them pretty toes!!! Glad you chose to nest for YOU! Hey, maybe if you want to clean something, I say the chocolate chip shelf sure could use some organizing, right? And...last of all, for sweet Mike, he surely must be patient to live through me and Dad being his in laws, and those brothers of yours...he is amazing!

kedwards said...

When we are there Patrick should help Adam with his project. He does kill scorpions for a living.

Amanda said...

I love the spelling list. Where the heck did diptheria come from?

Shelbey said...

Adam's spelling list gave me a good laugh! Diptheria, really?