Tuesday, November 10, 2009

The Third


Adam has had a loose tooth for about a month (his third!).

He has been wiggling it for weeks. He even asked me to pull it out for him, but since there wasn't a tooth growing up behind it (like the last two teeth he has lost), I felt kind of bad playing dentist and getting out the pliers.

Last Friday, he woke up and used the restroom, STILL wiggling that tooth like crazy. As he went to wash his hands, he realized that the tooth was gone and he began screaming (because he's over-dramatic like that in the morning when he's tired). I went running because I thought he was hurt. Grace started crying because he was screaming.

And Mike opened his eyes and then went back to sleep.

I got in there and he told me that his tooth had fallen out. Unfortunately, it fell out into the toilet.

He was devastated.

That afternoon he wrote the tooth fairy a note, and placed it under his pillow that night. The next day, he woke up crying again.

"The tooth fairy didn't come!"

She had come; she had taken his note and left him some mool-ah. She just hadn't left any fairy dust, like she has in the past.

I told him it probably was because he called it "fairy poop."

It's just plain insulting to fairies.

Or, maybe she just couldn't find her fairy dust late at night before she left to make her deliveries.
It happens.

2 comments:

Grammy Suzzy said...

Congrats Adam! Any more loose ones? You'd better let that ol' fairy know you're sorry for calling her fairy dust - fairy poop!

Shelbey said...

Haha! Fairy dust? The tooth fairy in your neighborhood is much more creative than the one in mine was growing up. I think she just slapped a quarter under my pillow and called it good!