Friday, November 13, 2009

Lost the Will

I lost the will to fight my doctor this week.

I was all prepared to go into my doctor for a fight, with research on why babies do better when they stay in longer and a list of things I was going to do to prevent going into labor. And then two days ago, I broke out in a horrible, itchy hive-like rash all over my belly.

It's a condition called PUPPP, and while it's not harmful to me (or the baby), I'm miserable. And the only fix is to have the baby.

So, when I went in to the doctor today, I told her she could take him now. Right then. Anything to stop the itching.

(Apparently, I'm not the sacrificial-type of mom).

I'm (obviously) not having the c-section today. However, the amnio is scheduled for the 23rd, and if all goes well, he will be born on the 25th.

Crossing my fingers his lungs are done.

2 comments:

Tiffin said...

You and the baby are in our prayers!

Amanda said...

Oh, I am so sorry. I know how terrible the itching can be. Loose clothing and cold really helped me.

If it makes you feel any better, I told Dr. Erickson that I wanted to deliver Matt early just to stop the itching.