Friday, November 6, 2009

On My Mind...


For various reasons, the OBs office re-scheduled my c-section for November 25th.
I want this baby to bake as long as possible, so I'm fighting for December 8th.
We'll see who wins Friday.

***

Daylight Saving Time makes me confused.
It makes me miss Arizona.
It makes the day seem insanely long.
Getting dark at 4:30 = no fun.

***

I crave Peanut M&Ms all of the time.
I like to pretend that the peanut provides enough protein and nutrition to make up for the
sugar, dyes, and fat in said M&M.
Even though I know, deep down, that this isn't true.

***

Grace is in love with a little boy in her nursery named Jackson.
She really wants "Jackson" to be the middle name of the new baby.
I don't want people thinking I named him after Michael Jackson.
(Ew.)
And it really doesn't go with what we think is going to be the first name.
But she's so cute (and so determined).
We'll see.

***

I don't like Dr. Pepper.
But I recently discovered Dr. Pepper's Lipsmackers. And it totally rocks.
It (plus a little mascara) makes me feel like I tried.
I like it.

***

Adam got another 100% on his spelling test last week.
Well, he spell the words correctly, anyways.
He writes his lower-case "p's" slightly above the line, so they look capitalized.
So, his teacher marked 4 of them incorrect because of the capital "p".
He was disappointed.
I want to go have a discussion with his teacher
(she expects him to write like an 8-year-old and forgets he's 6).
It's a spelling test, not a grammar test, right?
However, I don't know that I can have a rational discussion in the
hormonal state I'm in right now.
(Plus, Mike thinks I'm over-reacting.)

***

Mike is in the middle of 6 days off of work; the first "vacation" he's taken this year.
We are SO excited!
When he asked for the days off, we had originally planned on going to Phoenix during the time.
(Adam has "fall break", too).
But, a baby happened.
So, we won't.
But, we will be doing some fun stuff here.
***

I complain a lot about medical stuff.
Or medical bills, anyways.
However, with my twice-weekly NSTs and weekly OB appointments,
I know that if something starts to go wrong, it will be caught.
And I'm so grateful for that.
It's a blessing to have such wonderful doctors, medicine, and science.
***
Our ward boundaries were recently re-organized.
We got SO many new people (and didn't lose any).
I've loved making new friends. Everyone is so wonderful.
We are so blessed to be in the ward we are in... I love it.
***

I may have traumatized Grace for life this week.
She had to come to an OB appointment that I wish she wouldn't have.
I forgot about what happens this late in pregnancy.
She (very loudly) yelled at the nurse during the examination for it.
(I am glad that something about 'private areas' has sunk in with her).
I'm just seriously glad that it was an appointment during which Adam was at school.
That would have definitely been traumatizing.
For both of us.

***
I'm not good at folding laundry.
However, I'm excellent at washing/drying it, and then letting it sit in baskets.
Extremely excellent.
A new baby with lots of dirty clothes can't be good.
***

I love my Thanksgiving decorations.
They are my favorite.
I did end up decorating.
Even though I'm thinking of skipping out on Thanksgiving this year.
Making Thanksgiving dinner on your own = exhausting.

***
Am I actually going to fight to stay pregnant?
What's wrong with me?

:)

6 comments:

Grammy Suzzy said...

The Grammy-mobile will be in Las Vegas WHENEVER you need it...Monday the 23rd, Monday the 30th, Monday the 7th...You name it, baby, and I will be there. Hooray for a new little life joining the Wilkins family! - (Just a Grammy note...remember Doran in first grade and his "spelling test experiences". He never forgot! But, do go by the Spirit, not the hormones! Love you!!!

Heidi said...

Ugh, where did the time go. I still need to get you baby clothes. They are in Preston's closet. I'm going to need your mom's phone # so I can make arrangements for the baby clothes to make it on the Grammy-mobile.

Heidi said...

I'm going to need to make arrangements for a bag of baby boy clothes (or two) to stow away on the Grammy-mobile when it heads up to Las Vegas.

kedwards said...

Is it selfish of my to hope for a baby on the 25th? I just want to see him so bad!

Amanda said...

I also have some stuff for the Grammy-mobile to take, if there is room and she is willing.

Hailey is finally understanding that most lowercase letters go below the middle line. Luckily, her teacher isn't too picky yet.

Also, I know this is way early, but any ideas on when you'll be blessing the baby? We are thinking we could take a little trip to Vegas depending on when it is.

The Muhlesteins said...

You are just amazing!! I'm happy to hear that you are doing great and I love reading about the fun little things Adam and Grace do!