Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Snow Knight

One of our two brand-spankin' new fish passed away on yesterday. Exactly 7 days after we purchased it.

And as luck would have it, it was Adam's fish.

(Not that I wanted Grace's to die, but she wouldn't have taken it as hard).

I was cleaning up after lunch when I noticed Dorothy eating something at the top of the tank. Thinking Grace had dumped in her leftovers, I went over to investigate and saw Dorothy eating Adam's beloved Snow Knight.

I let Adam know, and we decided that we needed to have the flush then before Mike got home from work, because seeing a fish eating another fish all day long was going to gross me out.

We stood around the toilet and said our good-byes. Adam began to cry, and then he stopped and yelled:

"Her fish was eating my fish!
Isn't it an abomination for a fish to eat another fish?"

I agreed that it was.

Better keep him away from those PBS animal shows that depict a mother lion eating her young... he's probably not ready for that yet. :)

4 comments:

kedwards said...

Is anyone really ready for that?

Sorry, Adam. :(

Danyel said...

Pore Adam. I remember all of my pets dieing when I was little and I never thought It was fair. Alison we have a 30 gallon thank and Everything that goes with it if you would like it we could bring it up sometime. Doran tried to give it to mom but due to the other tanks Nathan has had she didn't want it. Hope your next fish is a good one. good luck.

Grammy Suzzy said...

Oh...tell Adam Grammy is sorry..first that is fish died, and second, that I had his name wrong! I didn't know it was Snow Knight! He must think I am a silly goose! When he first told me Henry died, I asked if he had been on his wheel (I got Joe Joe and Henry mixed up!) I am so very sorry, though!

Shelbey said...

An abomination?! What a smart kid to even KNOW that word at his age!