Saturday, August 15, 2009

My Little Foodie


Grace is our little food connoisseur.

She loves food.

She doesn't eat a lot of food, mind you, she rarely finishes anything. But she loves her food.

Every morning she wakes up and asks me the menu for the day for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. And she always gets SO excited when she hears what we're having.

Jumping-up-and-down-and-screaming excited.

She will try anything once, and really isn't too picky about what she eats.

She loves cooking with me, smelling our spices, browsing through my cookbooks and showing me the things that look good, finding new cookbooks at the library, and planning our weekly menus.

And during meals, you have never heard happier sounds than what we get to hear every day.

Her comments on my spaghetti pretty much make me feel like I'm Emeril Lagasse.

A few months ago, Mike brought home a buffet box that one of his associates had given him, half of which consisted of shrimp.

Grace tried it.

And fell in love.

(Gag).

Today, our grocery store had a birthday party, with lots of free samples.

Including shrimp.

And everyone in the greater Las Vegas valley heard the happy squeals that were made (much to the enjoyment of the crowd), of a little blond 2-year-old savoring her (plus mine and Adam's) beloved shrimp samples.

She's a very happy little foodie today.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Ya just got to love that face...!