Saturday, August 22, 2009

JoJo



It's not been the greatest summer around our house, pet-wise.

First Henry, then Snow Knight.

Last night we came home to find JoJo, our little fancy mouse, not doing very well. It was kind of crazy, actually, because he was completely fine yesterday morning, and when we came home he was missing chunks of fur, bleeding, and shaking.

It's so weird. We have no clue what happened.

Anyways, Adam occasionally reads this blog, so I'm not going to write any details about what really happened next. But, Mike and I thought it would be cruel for both the kids (and JoJo), to have to watch him suffer for days until he died, and there was no way a vet could save him (even if we had the money).

The kids had so much fun playing with our little mouse and he will be missed.

1 comment:

Grammy Suzzy said...

Dear Sweet Adam and Grace, I am so very, very sorry that JoJo got sick. He was such a good friend to both of you. I remember how he used to like to run on his wheel...at night. I never saw him awake during the day, but I guess that is because he was nocturnal! I am so glad you got to have such a good mouse friend, and I know he is very happy where he is now with a body that is not sick! Papa and I will say a special prayer for you tonight. We love you!