Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Back to School Countdown



I like countdowns. And I especially like not having to figure out "how many days are left until ___". Because countdowns take care of that.

And they are fun.

Last night for FHE, we bought new fish. And then we made a list of all the things we wanted to do during our last month of summer. And then we negotiated and crossed off things like, "Move to Phoenix," and "scuba dive."

I'm still not sure what our lesson was exactly, really. When Adam asked what our lesson was about, I said something like, "Appreciating the time we have together." Something like that. :) We had a good time.

Today the kids and I looked at our calendar for August and then combined our end of summer to do list with a back-to-school countdown (one activity for every day until school starts) and made a paper chain link. They are so excited for the fun stuff we're going to do!

Our End of Summer To Dos:

- finish Adam's kindergarten craft book (will post this soon)
- make homemade ice cream
- play at the swim park
- game night
- picnic at the park (supposed to be 90 degrees... wahoo!)
- barbecue and sparklers
- go swimming
- service project (of some kind)
- make popsicles
- buy school supplies
- movie night
- visit the temple
- go miniature golfing (or bowling... depending on prices)
- go swimming (again)
- make a fun summer craft
- go to an arcade
- see a movie at the dollar theatre
- special dinner and back-to-school blessings
- back-to-school party

It's going to be a fun month!

3 comments:

Shelbey said...

Allison, I like that you make "lists." You're a girl after my own heart :)

Tiffin said...

Sounds like a fun countdown! I should do that with my kids. You always have great ideas. You help me to be a more fun Mom.

Grammy Suzzy said...

You know, I really think you were a little hasty is removing the "move to Phoenix" selection from the list!