Thursday, May 28, 2009

Father & Son's Campout / Girl's Night!

(After I posted that blog this afternoon... our computer has been working. Maybe it just needed to be tattled on? Who knows).

Mike and Adam went to on our ward's "Father & Son's" campout last Friday and Saturday. They went to a really cool campground that the church owns about an hour from here, that had a swimming pool, nice camp sites, and a field to play ball in. They had a lot of fun swimming, eating junk food, and playing baseball. It's the first campout that our ward has had in years, and there was a lot of confusion, but they had a great time! I sent the camera with them, hoping for some fun camping pictures. Instead I got this:


They had forgotten the flashlight, and when Adam had to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night, they used the flash on the camera to light their path.

Only Mike. :)

And after a while, the batteries died. So, I got no real pictures of their campout.

However, I do have some great, random shots of the forest/their feet at night.

Because they had the camera, there are no pictures of the fun that Grace and I had, either. We dressed up, painted our nails, had a tea party, watched Eloise, and Grace crashed around 8:00. This left plenty of time for my imagination to run wild, as I listened to the police helicopters flying above our home with their big searchlights. At one point, I was huddled on the couch under a blanket, just sure that the criminal was looking at me through the window.

I watched too much Unsolved Mysteries as a child.

And, I have an over-active imagination.

It was a long night.

The next day, after I woke up and happily discovered that I hadn't been stabbed to death in my sleep, Grace and I went to Target and spent two hours looking around at the toys and books and clothes. We bought some more nail polish, and came back just before the boys. They pulled up, dirty and smelly and tired, but had a GREAT time together, and we spent the rest of the day getting everything cleaned up. Mike's legs started itching that night, and we discovered he had over 40 insect bites on his legs, feet, and hands. He's been miserable throughout this week, but tonight when he came home from work, his legs looked really bad.

Day 3

Day 6

He's very swollen, has black dots in the center and circles around the bites, and the redness is still spreading after almost a week.

Everything I read tells me that this isn't normal.

So, he's headed to the doctor tomorrow morning, and hopefully he will get his bite issues resolved.

And not to be all "I'm right, you're wrong", but I sent 2 bottles of insect repellant. That he wouldn't use.

So, if a situation comes up in the future where he's wondering if he should listen to me, I will have documented this forever. Just saying. :)

1 comment:

Grammy Suzzy said...

Poor Mike...hope he find the source of the problem and solves it! Sure makes for a crummy birthday, covered with buggy bites!