Friday, May 29, 2009

Bedtime Reading


I have always loved reading.

I remember being in 2nd grade and finding a Nancy Drew book on the bookshelf in the living room. I stayed up really late that night, discovering the wonders of mystery books and reading in bed at night. And, that love has never gone away. Every night before I go to sleep I grab a book off the shelf and read for a while.

And it really makes me smile lately when I've walked past Adam's room at 10:30 at night, hours after he was put to bed, and have seen him reading.

He LOVES The Magic Tree House books, and is rarely without one these days. For the past few weeks they've gone on car rides, to the park, to the grocery store, church meetings, and even on the overnighter with Mike.

And there's always one tucked under his pillow.

For bedtime reading.

It's one thing that he got exclusively from me (Mike's not a fan of the whole reading in bed thing).

And it really makes me smile.

2 comments:

Grammy Suzzy said...

You set such a good example for your brothers and sister in your absolute love of reading. It is so nice to see that Adam will do the same for Gracie!

Justin said...

I love to read in bed too! Cute little boy!
-Nicole