Sunday, September 28, 2008

The "Quiet" Book

My mom made this "Quiet Book" for Adam and Grace 2 years ago. We just love it.


It has lots of pictures of the Savior:


scripture verses, the Articles of Faith, Primary songs:


even a picture of our family:


and a picture of each prophet with some facts about his life:


They love looking at it during the Sacrament.

I normally 'rotate' our church bag, so they don't get bored with anything. It's been in a 'church box' I have for several months. A few days ago, I took it out to add it back to our church bag.

Grace was looking at it when she happened upon what she thought was a scary image. And began screaming:

"Ghost! Ghost! I scared!"

And tore out the page.


She's absolutely terrified of the book now. She runs and screams at the sight of it. It's no longer a very 'quiet' book, as you can guess.

Sorry, President Taylor. I know you were a good man. And an amazing prophet.


But photogenic you were not.

(I realize it's a painting, and photogenic probably isn't the exact word I'm looking for).

1 comment:

Grammy Suzzy said...

Poor President Taylor...survived a bullet during the martyrdom of the Prophet Joseph Smith, but can't get Grace on his side. She does have a point about his looks, though...

Sorry Grace!!