Friday, September 26, 2008

Costumes... check!

Adam loves Halloween. He gets crazy. And it's totally my fault. Halloween is my favorite, and I have always gotten all crazy, and have in turn, passed it on to him. In the past, we've had fun making his costumes together, and as a result, his imagination has been allowed to run wild. As it should be. He's been a Dalmatian, a cat, and a dragon. All homemade. Last year he was determined to be blood, then a white blood cell, before finally settling on a 'superhero bat.'

This year he had envisioned some creature from Star Wars that has 4 arms. I was game to try and make it. We had plans. But then, all of a sudden, my already busy life became extraordinarily busy (more about that later). And as much as I wanted to make it, I knew I really wouldn't be able to find the time to make such an elaborate costume.

I didn't want to disappoint him, though, so I didn't tell him. I just started asking him about other possibilities.

Anyway, we headed down to D.I. today, and I casually mentioned to Adam that he might find a costume he liked.

He did:

Darth Vader.

He is one screaming, happy boy. I'm screaming happy, too, because a) I didn't let him down, and b) the entire costume cost $2.50. And after I cleaned and cleaned it (I may be cheap, but I'm still a germaphobe) he has worn it non-stop, and has determined he will wear it until he's 20. We now have Halloween costumes done.

D.O.N.E. Done.

Yay!

This makes for Halloween happiness.

I'd post a pic, but he has forbidden me until Halloween. :)

(Oh, and lest you think I forgot about Miss Grace, she was taken care of last year: we got her costume clearanced at Target... she's going to be a pink cat. But, it didn't stop me from getting 2 totally adorable dress-up outfits today at D.I. for her, either).

Isn't she a doll?

2 comments:

Grammy Suzzy said...

Hey Adam, do you think if Papa and I come for your primary program that we can get a peek at that cool Darth Vader costume!! And Grace is just sooooo cute!!

Anonymous said...

Preston got his costume yesterday also. He's running around in his batman costume, he loves the cape and mask. He's the classic batman not the dark knight batman. and your sister helped me pick it out at Party City.