Monday, November 26, 2007

Thanksgiving, the ER, and Yet ANOTHER Adam Funny

We had a mah-velous Thanksgiving! We got to celebrate it twice (lucky us!). Once with the DI crew and the other, just our little family. We had a blast with everyone at DI. And our Thanksgiving was pretty fun, too. I had really mixed emotions about the day. I kinda fluctuated from smiling "It's nice to have a calm, homey Thanksgiving" to blubbering "This is my first Thanksgiving away from family." But, all-in-all it was a good day. We each chose our favorite side (my mom's cranberry salad, my Nano's stuffing, sweet potatoes, and crab puffs sans crab-this is Adam's, not sure why he chose it... lol).


The next day I headed out at 4:00am to do the Black Friday thang. I got Grace a baby at Wal-Mart (she's ALL about the babies these days) and Adam a remote control car (he's wanted one forever). And I'm done with shopping. Yay! We decided to just get them one toy each this year from Santa, plus a pair of pajamas (Wal-Mart for $5 yay) and a box of cereal from us. They get SO many toys from everyone else, so we try not to overwhelm them. We decided to celebrate Christmas on the 22nd this year. We've been doing this the past few years. I know that other people who live out of town from family, somehow load up their Santa gifts without their kids knowing and celebrate out of town, but I can't figure it out. And I know it's really weird, and who knows how long we will be able to keep it up, but I seriously love it. I love that we get our "own" Christmas Eve and Christmas morning. We get to enjoy being with each other and talk about the reason we celebrate Christmas and play with the toys and have fun. It's great. I LOVE being with our family in Phoenix, but I'm afraid if we celebrated it there, it would turn into one big gift-opening frenzy. So, we do it this way, and though it's unorthodox, it works for us.

We had SO much fun spending 4 whole days with Mike! The kids were ecstatic! However, what weekend would be complete without a trip to the ER? Grace fell off a chair and bit a hole in her mouth the size of a dime, so I took her in. Lovely. :)
And... last thing for this HUGE blog (I'm quite the talker tonight), another Adam funny. He seriously cracks me up. We were cuddling on the couch Sunday night, and I told him, "I heart you, Adam" He turned around and looked confused. "You hurt me, Mom?" "No, no, I heart you, you know like heart, love, I love you." Pause. "So, you love to hurt me?"
Poor kid.

No comments: