Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Halloween Pictures and Adam's Christmas Present

We had a very, very fun Halloween. I wasn't sure how it was going to turn out. Grace is SO scared of Halloween, that I figured we were going to have to cut the festivities short and go home, but she did A LOT better than I thought!

The kids dressed up like a Super Hero Bat (Adam) and a Lady Bug (Grace). We went to a puppet show at the library that morning. It was really cute. I love our librarians. They do SO much for the kids. After that, Mike and the kids waited in the car while I had my appointment (fun, fun). We made dinner-in-a-pumpkin for dinner that night, and went to our ward's Halloween party. Grace was so cute, every time someone gave her a piece of candy, she reached in her bucket and handed them one. So adorable. She is just THE sweetest thing. After the party, we hit a few streets, because Adam was loving the candy, and simply didn't want to stop. We all had a lot of fun.

I absolutely LOVE Halloween. It's my favorite holiday. I know this sounds corny, but my favorite thing about it is, trick-or-treating. I love that once a year, everyone opens their doors, and gives candy to the kids. Communities get together and have parties. For one night, it seems like there is a whole sense of giving and love. I know that's SO strange, but I love it. It makes me feel kinda nostalgic, I guess.

Adam got a bunch of candy, which he unfortunately couldn't eat. BECAUSE... he had to go to the dentist in the morning and get 2 root canals. Can you believe it? I know I wasn't the best mom about not putting him to bed with a bottle when he was a baby and wiping his gums with a cloth, but I swear, as soon as he got teeth, that stopped. I brushed his teeth vigilantly, and he hardly ever gets soda or juice. But, his teeth are horrid. He did really well, though. And since he couldn't eat his candy, it meant that I got first dibs on the chocolate. :) I call it the "Mommy Tax." Once a year, he pays me for ALL that I do for him and provide for him... in chocolate. :) Just kidding (kinda-I did take a few Milky Ways). But, since his root canal cost us $300, I told him that it was his Christmas present... for the next 10 years. Luckily, he was still groggy when I told him that and doesn't remember, because it really wasn't a nice thing to say. And his teeth aren't his fault. Oh, well. Someday we will be out of debt. :)

2 comments:

Ashlynn and Coleton said...

poor adam. I have never had a root canal and hope to never have to. Just your luck though right.

the W* family said...

I've never had a root canal, either. But he did great! Just one more to go... I think he gets it from Mike, because Mike has a TON of fillings and has had several root canals. I love getting to blame stuff on Mike. :)