Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Super Fun Enrichment and Cute Adam

Last night we had Enrichment Night in our ward. I have NEVER had so much fun before at an Enrichment. We had a really, really good dinner. Everyone brought their favorite holiday appetizers, sides, or dessert. It was SO yummy! I have been absolutely craving Spinach-Artichoke Dip for FOREVER (not sure why) and someone brought it last night! Yay!

After dinner, we had a service auction. I have heard about people doing these in Enrichment before, but had never been to one. Everyone donated a service to perform for someone else, and we bid on them. We received bidding money by filling out a worksheet that had things like, "If you went to church on Sunday 5 points," etc. The list included year supply, temple attendance, random acts of kindness, and making a new meal for your family.

The auctioneer was this completely cute sister in our ward, named Rochelle. She is normally very funny, but last night she was just hilarious. We were all literally crying from laughing SO hard! I donated an FHE book with 10 lessons based on President Hinckley's "Standing for Something" book. I'm sure a lot of you have seen it before. It's cute. I'm just waiting for the rest of the materials to arrive from Salt Lake in order to finish it.

I really, really, wanted to win the "Eye Brow Wax", "Cut and Highlight" or the "28-page Scrapbook", but I didn't have enough money (darn year supply! :) ). BUT, I ended up winning 3 totally fun things that I am SUPER excited about: a gingerbread house, frosting, and candy (to decorate with the family); 20 homemade Christmas cards; and 2 of these really cute crayon holders. Yay! Adam and Grace had fun in the nursery, and I had SO much fun meeting some new people and laughing. I haven't laughed like that in SOOOOO long! Wow!

Adam also had a really good day yesterday. He got a letter in the mail with a dollar in it, had a grilled cheese sandwich for lunch, went to nursery and played with his friends, and won a gingerbread house. Last night as I was tucking him into bed (late, Enrichment ran WAY over until 9:00!), he told me, "This has been the absolute, BEST day of my life. Wow!" LOL. So cute! Little kids aren't hard to please, are they? :)

No comments: