Thursday, November 15, 2007

He's Doing WHAT to My Joint?

A few months ago, I noticed a lump in front of my ear. It was slightly painful. I also started having some ear pain, too. I really didn't think it was a big deal, so I put off going to the doctor. Then, being the paranoid person that I am, I looked it up on the Internet. Which made me start freaking out that I had a tumor or something, so last Friday, I headed to the doctor.

Upon telling me it wasn't a tumor (yay!), she asked if I gritted my teeth much. Ummm... only every single day since Adam turned 4. Well, apparently this has caused my TMJ to begin popping out of place. Wonderful. She told me to stop doing it, or I was going to cause serious damage to my joint.

I love Adam to death. He is sweet, imaginative, hilarious, and a great kid. However, turning 4 has made him (at times) have a terrible case of the Forgettable Fours. He whines. He tells lies (though I know they aren't really lies). He has such an attitude (wonder where he got THAT from :) ). Most of the time he's great, but about once a day, he does something really, really awful, and I grit my teeth so I don't blow up or tie him up or something.

But... sheesh... now that I know my way of not killing my son is ruining my jaw, what am I supposed to do now? Count to 10 or something healthy like that? :) I considered telling him that if he doesn't shape up, he's going to owe me money for jaw surgery and plastic surgery (to rid myself of the stretch marks he brought during pregnancy), but, that's not something I exactly want him bringing up in Primary. And he would. :)

No comments: