Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween Night

After a month of parties, activities, and anticipation, it was FINALLY Halloween night!

After school, we did homework (talk about torture) and ate dinner. It was supposed to be "mummies" with broccoli/chicken/cheddar filling.


My mummies came undone, a bit.

Just makes them all-the-more-spookier, right?

I had SO much fun making their costumes this year. I always do, but this year I found everything at D.I. (or I had it around the house), and I got to do some dye-ing to make Grace's pink sweater/tights.

Awesome.

This is sweet Clifford, the "Big" Red Dog:


This is his sweet owner, Emily Elizabeth:


And last, but not least, this is the fierce Ash Ketchum from Pokemon:




We decided to go trick-or-treating around a neighborhood, since our ward's trunk-or-treat was on Saturday. It was our first time ever doing the neighborhood thing, and it was an interesting experience. The kids had a fantastic time, especially Josh. He had no problem walking up with his orange pumpkin and saying, "Treat!"

It was too, too cute!



And the loot:


I love Halloween so much! It's such a fun holiday!

We've had our fill of spooky fun, though, and I'm excited to get all of my fall pumpkins and turkeys out for Thanksgiving!

No comments: