Saturday, October 8, 2011

Corn on a Stick from a Stranger


Grace is a major saver when it comes to money.

She got a good chunk of money for her birthday and has yet to spend it.

It's mostly due to the fact that she doesn't want stuff.

She's incredibly content and laid-back.

Example: I asked her the other day what she wanted for Christmas, and she just shrugged and said, "Whatever Santa wants to bring me is fine; I don't care."

Anyways, so when she came running in all excited tonight, and asked if she could buy something, I was pretty surprised.

A little old man walks around our neighborhood every evening, honking a horn, and selling corn.

Corn, on a stick, that is slathered in mayonnaise, butter, and cheese.

She had watched another little girl buy one, and was determined to do the same.

So, I went ahead and pushed past all of my germ-squeemishness (corn from some random stranger?), and let her.

She LOVED it!

(And she hasn't gotten sick or died, so I guess it was pretty germ-free).

:)

I love watching her get excited about stuff!

No comments: