Sunday, December 20, 2009

Picky

All busy looking at the real photographer

On Friday night we had our ward party. I had been planning on not going (because of the germs), but then I heard Santa was going to be there. And since this year has been crazy and we haven't yet had time to visit the free Santa at the chocolate factory (like we did last year) or write letters to him, I decided to brave the germs and take the kids to the party so we could visit him.

Adam went first. He asked Santa for a Wii. Santa looked at me, and then said that he had had a lot of requests for Wiis this year, and was there anything else he wanted just in case his elves couldn't make enough. Adam replied, "I really want a real football then." Santa talked to him about being good and cleaning his room, gave him a candy cane full of chocolate, and then Adam hopped down.

Grace went next. She asked Santa for a wooden rocking horse. (I don't know where she got the wooden rocking horse idea from, but it's all she's talked about for months.) He looked a little surprised and said that he hadn't had many requests for that this year. She then said:

"I don't want the horse wrapped. I don't want it in a box.
I don't want it in a bag. Just in front of the tree with a bow."


She's picky like that.

I'm sure it's fine with Santa... who wants to try and wrap a wooden rocking horse anyways?

1 comment:

Grammy Suzzy said...

Oh, I just love ALL of it! Adam and Grace...I sure hope Santa grants those sweet wishes, cuz you have been sooooo good this year! I KNOW how good you were when I was there!