Monday, December 21, 2009

Grammy Day


My mom has Grammy Day every year around Christmas-time for the grandkids. The older kids get in on the fun, too. ;) We eat foods that start with the letter "g" and decorate gingerbread houses.

Since we weren't going to be able to make it down to Phoenix this year for Christmas, my mom brought Grammy Day to us when she came up to watch the kids! She brought dinner frozen and the fixings for gingerbread house decorating.

Part I

We ended up dividing Grammy Day into two parts. Mostly because the thought of actually cooking a meal while caring for three children terrifies me. (We've had a lot of PB&Js around here lately). The goulash casserole was just too tempting up in the freezer, so when Ethan and Cameo came up to visit and I was feeling bad about serving sandwiches to our guests, I didn't even hesitate and threw it in the oven. We had it with grapes and green salad (sorry, mom, forgot the goldfish crackers).



Part II

Tonight we decorated our gingerbread houses. My mom shops the after-holiday candy sales and she left us with a huge variety of fun candy to use!

Some of us were picky about where the candy went.


And some of us were not.


A lot of candy was eaten.


A big mess was made.



And Josh snuck some icing. His cheeks just weren't getting chubby enough with milk alone.


Adam's final product:

And Grace's:

And Josh's:

He's (obviously) super-advanced for his age. And super-obsessed with patterns.

We had so much fun. Thanks, Grammy!

(No icing was actually consumed by newborns during the decorating of the houses).

3 comments:

Kristi said...

Wow! Josh has some will power. I don't think I could stop myself from eating frosting while I decorated.

All the houses look so good!

Grammy Suzzy said...

I am soooo glad you had so much fun and could have two Grammy Days!!! I love ALL the houses...they are just toooooo super duper beautiful!

Danyel said...

So cute. The houses all look so great. Miss you all. Maybe I will see you in the year 2010.