Monday, April 13, 2009

Spring Break

Last week was Adam's spring break. I had fun plans of playdates, the zoo, the library, cookie decorating, and parks.

And... the cookie decorating and parks happened, anyway.

Plans fell through, our car had some issues, it was insanely windy a few days here, and our librarian is super-cranky and scares me, and makes it easy it justify not paying a visit there. Which was completely fine, because I got to tune up my Lego Star Wars video game skillz.


- On Saturday, we recorded conference (not sure why I don't ALWAYS do this... actually got to watch it later!), and went to a birthday party.


- On Sunday, we watched conference, ate yummy cinnamon rolls, and went to the temple. Adam wanted to wear his gym shorts and rubber gloves.


We sent him back inside to change.


- On Tuesday, we went grocery shopping, and then I convinced the kids that it would be fun to re-read our library books again. I'm a chicken, what can I say?

So, we played Lego Star Wars.


- On Wednesday, playgroup got canceled due to the wind. That afternoon, the 'check engine' light on the car came on. We went to Autozone instead of the zoo, to get the codes read.

So, we played Lego Star Wars.


- On Thursday we had to bring Mike his keys that he forgot. When we got to D.I., he was getting ready to teach his forklift class. The kids loved seeing him drive it! I made spring sugar cookies. As I was finishing up, and getting ready to make the frosting, Grace began throwing handfuls of flour into the air. When I rushed over to stop her, she dumped out the entire flour container.

We didn't frost them that day. But, amidst cleaning up flour, we did play Lego Star Wars.


- On Friday, I went back to my ENT to get the results of my biopsy back. I'm ALLLL good! The results of the lymph nodes biopsied were normal. I'm so thankful for that! The appointment took hours, though , so Mike ended up calling in sick, and we spent the day celebrating: a picnic at the park and kite flying. And we decorated cookies that night.

So, no, it didn't turn out as planned, but we had a great week anyways. School starts back up tomorrow! And I'm kinda excited to have my routine/clean-ish house back!

3 comments:

Grammy Suzzy said...

Oh, thank you, Allison, for the wonderful news...the smile you put on my grumpy face (Adam in rubber gloves to go to the temple!!), the news on the biopsy (I have been worried sick, but I don't want to be a naggy mom...so I just waited!), and just, well, thank you for the Wilkins family for just being YOU!!!

Anonymous said...

All I can say is that you make the best Cinnamon Rolls! It made conference better when you can enjoy your sis' home cookin!

Tiffin said...

I'm so glad your results came back good. What a relief!

Sounds like you had a fun week (minus the car trouble)!!

I know what you mean about the clean house thing -- it's amazing how messy it gets having kids home! Summer is coming, I better get a plan together!