Thursday, April 23, 2009

Avocados


Avocados have always seriously grossed me out: the taste, the texture, the look. I've never been a fan.

Until, I was pregnant with Grace. I literally woke up one day NEEDING some guacamole. And it continued for the rest of the pregnancy.

Next time, I am determined to crave something both lower in fat AND lower in price.

The cravings have continued for the past 2 1/2 years. I've wanted them on a daily basis. Seriously. I've tried not to indulge too often, but if they were on sale, then all bets were off.

That is, until two weeks ago. We had taco soup, and we had some avocados for topping the soup. I was dicing them, when suddenly I became absolutely revolted with the little green things. All of the past hatred for the avocado came back, and now I gag just thinking about eating one. I gag thinking about how many I ate when I was pregnant, and how many I ate long after I wasn't pregnant.

I'm so disgusted with myself.

I don't really believe in the whole "we crave what we need" idea.

But, it's very strange.

1 comment:

kedwards said...

I'm with you. I think avacados are gross. They always seemed slimey to me.