Friday, April 3, 2009

April Fool's!

So, I'm not a big prankster or anything, but when I saw the cute ideas for April Fool's Day in Family Fun, I just had to try one.

For dinner I made meatloaf (with my Grandma's recipe), put it into foil liners, baked it, and the frosted them with mashed potatoes, dyed different colors (here). Family Fun's look a lot better, but you get the idea.


When I called Adam and Grace to dinner, Adam was so excited to have cupcakes for dinner! After prayer, he reached for one, got some 'frosting' on his hand, and licked it off. He made the most disgusted face ever, and then I told him what it really was. He was mad for a few seconds, but then started laughing and ate.


Grace just picked at hers the whole time, repeatedly saying, "Yucky cupcake!" And even though the meatloaf was good, if a cupcake really did taste like meatloaf, yeah, it would be pretty yucky!


We finished off the meal with some "dirt pudding," something we have every April Fool's Day.


Mike told me later that night that Adam had suggested to him that a great joke to play on me would be for him to stay out until midnight, without letting me know.

He told Adam it was a good idea, but he ultimately decided against it.

Which was a very smart move. :)

1 comment:

peachytiffers said...

You do the best stuff with your family! I really like reading your blog and then making note of stuff that I'm going to do next year. Keep them coming!