Monday, February 9, 2009

Witches and Swearing

This picture really has nothing to do with this post. I just like it.

This morning it was very cold (40s), rainy, windy, and Mike had to work. However, him working has nothing to do with this story.

I'm over it.

Anyways, so the kids and I cuddled on the couch under a blanket, and I introduced them to the wonders of the movie, The Wizard of Oz. Which they both fell in love with, and play-acted out the rest of the day.

Grace was particularly enamored by the witch in the film. Every time she came on, she got so excited and was most disappointed when she melted at the end. All day long she tried to cackle, attempted to fly the broom, and yelled, "Grace is the witch!"

All through our afternoon errands: the dry cleaners, the library, and D.I., she chanted, "Grace is a witch," alternating it occasionally with "A-ma (Adam) is a witch" and "Mommy is a witch."

Except, it doesn't sound like that is what she's saying at all. Her "w's" are kind of quiet, and she speaks fast, so it sounds like a different word. Which rhymes with "witch" and can mean that someone is acting like a witch, but is not "witch."

If you get what I'm saying...

It's actually kind of funny. Or, it would've been if it didn't sound like she was calling her mother the b-word. Seriously got some looks today. Especially at D.I. Maybe those Mormons don't approve of swearing or something. :) Anyway, the more I tried to quiet her, the more loud she became.

So I gave up, and just let the world think that my sweet, 2-year-old blond, princess-in-pink, swears.

And I'm seriously hoping that her swearing issues disappear before we go to a family wedding this Friday.

'Cuz that could be awkward.

2 comments:

Kristi said...

No, that would be AWESOME! Grace is so cute!

Tiffin said...

That is too funny!! I love the picture of Grace with the flowers. Sooo sweet!!

We have to be careful what we are having for dinner at our house if we are having people over. Carrigan calls lasagna "vagana". We have tried to correct her to no avail.