Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Project 365: 1 Month Down


I love scrapbooking. I love blogging. But, I'm so busy that I tend to only scrapbook the big moments (birthdays, holidays, etc.) and I'm pretty far behind in that. The same for blogging. I'm busy, get behind, and tend to only record the big moments.

So, at the end of December, I began doing "Project 365."

And I'm loving it.

Basically the idea is to take one "snippet" every single day this year, add a little journaling, and put it in a scrapbook. It can be a picture, or a receipt, or a souvenir. Whatever. Something that shows something about life that day. Becky Higgins sold kits, but I missed out on those. So, while I don't know how I'm going to throw this thing together yet, I've been faithfully taking pictures, journaling, and uploading it all to Flickr. And I'm saving my receipts/recipes that I want to tuck in behind the pictures in a folder.

I just looked back on the first month, and am so happy. I've already forgotten some of the little moments that have happened that I've documented, and I love how it's allowed me to record the little bits of our life that probably wouldn't make it to my scrapbook or blog.

The pictures aren't the greatest. Some days are boring (or hard). But, I think it's something that we will all love looking back on someday. Something I wish I'd done when I first got married.

So, if you want to see pictures of our 365 so far, go here.

And if you want to read more about the concept, go here.

It's easy, it's fun, and it doesn't have to begin on January 1st. Document a year of your baby's life, or a year or marriage, or whatever. Documenting our family history is something I'm passionate about, and this is a seriously easy way to do it.

1 comment:

Grammy Suzzy said...

I just totally loved all the pics! It was so good to see all that you guys have done already...and it is only Feb.