Monday, February 16, 2009

Onto Happier Things... 3, to be Exact

Yeah, so I was bummed yesterday, as you can probably tell. But, no matter. Today, Mike's back at work. Adam, Grace, and I are doing laundry, cleaning, un-packing, and going grocery shopping.

Which normally wouldn't seem all that great.

BUT... it's raining and cold!

And since I grew up in Arizona where it's really hot, cold weather + rain make my abnormally happy.


We didn't really celebrate Valentine's day... we were driving, picking up our car, fixing the car, and driving some more. BUT, I actually followed through on something, and made the kids rice pillows for a little Valentine's treat.

And they couldn't have come at a better time... as now I'm pretty sure Grace has an ear infection and, well, it's cold.


Grace's hair is also making me really happy today, which I don't think is a sentence I've ever uttered/written before. Because her hair has always driven me crazy. But, over the weekend, it got cut into a cute little bob. It's so easy to manage and adorable!


So, to sum this complete randomness up: cold weather, rice pillows, and Grace's hair are making me seriously happy and getting me through the mundane tasks today.

Strange, but true.

I guess I'm easy to please.

Which is surely a sentence that Mike would never, ever utter/write.

Ever.

2 comments:

Danyel said...

I know how you feel about the rain. Only since we moved down here have I liked the rain.

Tiffin said...

Grace's hair really is cute!! It was so fun to see you guys this weekend even if for only a short time.

Good job on the rice pillows. I'm thinking I should make some for all of the cold tootsies around here. Thanks for inspiring me!!