Sunday, February 22, 2009

New Glasses

Note: This is the first (and probably last) time I've put a close-up of myself on this blog.

Consider yourself warned.


I've needed new glasses for a while. Mine got crushed about a year ago, which caused the frames to get bent, which makes the lenses randomly pop out, and the frames to sit crookedly on my face.

Note: Crushed is not the correct word to use in the sentence above. If they were crushed, they probably wouldn't be wear-able. I just like to be dramatic sometimes.

Anyways, we don't have vision insurance (shocking, I know), so I've been putting it off until the money fairy dropped $300 off at my door. But, then my sister told me about this online place called Zenni Optical, and I ordered a pair from there for $12.95, lenses and all. I got them yesterday, and LOVE them!

So, if you need a new pair of glasses and the money fairy hasn't paid you a visit yet, or if you just want a back-up pair, I highly recommend them.

Note: I don't know why I look orange in the picture above. I'm just gonna go ahead and blame it on the lighting.

5 comments:

Mike West said...

Suffering Saint Sebastian on a susaphone in a short story by Susan Sontag! Those glasses are cheap!

Grammy Suzzy said...

You look simply gorgeous!!! And I am not saying that because I am your mom!!! I don't know how you and Kayty do it...picking the perfect pair of frames without even trying them on! You look mahhhveelllouuus!!!

kedwards said...

I like the new spects. I am needing new glasses too, I might just check that website out myself.

Tiffin said...

That is a great picture of you!!! I like the new glasses. I'm going to have to check out their website. Thanks!!

Kristi said...

I like that picture of you. HOTTIE! I got texts from (my)Mike all day yesterday about him getting new glasses.