Wednesday, November 26, 2008

A Thoroughly Enjoyable Day

We woke up to cloudy skies and rain.

Spent 2 hours at one of my very, very favorite stores, playing with everything and staying dry.

Sang "Santa Claus is Coming to Town" about 349 times.

Came home and chopped, sliced, and cooked to get ready for the big day.

We wrote love notes to each other on our porch with chalk.

When Mike came home from work, we ate English muffins with jam for dinner.

I said that I wasn't cooking this week.

Except for tomorrow, of course.

Then we watched The Santa Clause as a family.

Because it just seemed like a fun, pre-Thanksgiving, getting ready for Christmas thing to do.

We snuggled on the couch together, and laughed at Grace.

She squeals every time she sees a Santa.

I love it.

My house is clean. Everything is prepped. The rolls are rising. The turkey is brining.

I don't think 'brining' is the correct word.

Improper word usage aside,

It was a thoroughly enjoyable day.

1 comment:

Grammy Suzzy said...

Sometimes, I am so jealous! You take such time to enjoy being a Mommy. I was so busy helping in the yard and cleaning this big house that I fear I didn't get to enjoy doing all the fun, wonderful things that you do with those sweet babies! You are truly an amazing Mommy!