Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter Sunday

We did a "countdown to Easter" of sorts again this year.  Each night, beginning last Sunday, we used pictures and read scriptures about the Savior's last week.  We kept the pictures up on the shelf above the fireplace, and it was a great reminder throughout the week, of what we were really celebrating.

This morning, we woke up and put our resurrection rolls in the oven.  While they baked, we read about the Savior's resurrection, and then we all shared our testimonies about the Savior.  It was really special.



Then we raced to get ready.

I was able to sew Grace a dress, ties for Adam and Josh, and a headband for me.  It all came together so easily.  As cheesy as it sounds, I really feel like it was because I prioritized my talk.  Grace's dress only took 3 hours, which is a record for a slow sewer like me.  ;)

The only thing I didn't finish was a tie for Mike.  Men's ties are a little more complicated than I realized.  He had a tie that matched perfectly, though, so it worked out.

We got ready so quickly, that I failed to get individual pictures of Adam, who was inside getting his hair "approved."

;)








My talk went well, church was wonderful, we came home for naps and Easter dinner (we had ham sandwiches on Hawaiian rolls, potato salad, and strawberries), and then went to the temple for our Easter walk.



I LOVE doing the Easter walk each year, and finding things in nature that represent the sacrifice the Savior made for each of us.


Josh picked a flower, and I couldn't even get upset because he said it was for me.  It was too sweet!

Afterward, we came home and had carrot cake while we watched The Testaments.

It was such a special day.  I'm so grateful for the opportunity we had this week to teach our children about our Savior and share our testimonies that He lives!

1 comment:

Grammy Suzzy said...

Just an absolutely lovely Easter! And the outfits...you are amazing! That sweet Joshy, though...even with that rather grim face...cute.as.ever!