Monday, August 1, 2011

Sadness


Right now I'm so sad about:

- my Grace going to kindergarten. I can't even read that sentence without tearing up. I don't know how I'm going to be a part from her for 3 hours a day. And Josh is going to be devastated.

- my Adam growing up. He and Josh are the spitting images of each other. I look at Josh and see Adam and think, "wasn't he JUST dumping out baby powder and flying paper airplanes in the business building at NAU?" Why is he suddenly off on Cub Scout field trips and playing with friends?

- my baby Josh being 20 months old. Mike says I need to stop calling him a baby. I think I can stretch it out until he's 3, though.

- this being the last month of summer.


I feel kind of melancholy every year around this time. Summer is such a wonderful time to slow down and have fun and play and enjoy my kids. When fall starts, the holidays begin, everyone's busy, and then suddenly it's June.

And another year of school has gone by.

I just can't stop them from growing up, darnit!

If I was an optimist, I would be thinking, "We have one more month to have fun!"

But, I'm not.

I'm pretty pessimistic, to tell ya the truth.

So, I'm thinking, "We only have one last month of summer. Whaah!"

28 days until school starts...

No comments: