Monday, August 29, 2011

First Day of School!

Adam and Grace were sooooo excited for school to start this year!

Especially Miss Grace, who kept saying, "I wish summer was only 1 day long so I can go to kindergarten!"

Way to hurt a Mama, right?

:)

They are going to a new school this year. The school they were previously at was changed over to an iSchool, and I really felt strongly that it wasn't where they should be. So, Mike and I prayed and fasted, because they can NOT go to the school they are zoned for, and where they go to school is a huge decision. We looked into several charter schools and into homeschooling, but finally found a charter school that just felt right for them. I have no doubt it's where they should be. I have loved everything about it so far! It just opened this year, and it is such a blessing that they were able to get in!

The new school has uniforms. Adam was a little disappointed, but okay with it. Grace was SO excited about the uniforms.

Because they are blue (her favorite color).

And because she won't "have to wear pink hairbows."

(Just check out Miss Anti-Pink's backpack. Sheesh.)

They both woke up way early this morning, way before I would have woke them up. Which is a first! They were just both sooo excited.

I made a special lunch for Adam (Phineas and Ferb macaroni and cheese, because of our 79 Days of Summer), and we left for school.





We dropped Adam off, and then came home, where Grace waited...

... completely un-patiently until the afternoon (she's in PM kindergarten).






This backpack? We got it last year on clearance for $3. She has asked the last 364 days for it. Every day. It's the only good thing about school finally starting. :)

It's pink. And she loves it. Go figure.

Mike had taken the day off, which was a good thing. Because I was a total wreck! She kissed me, ran in, and made a new friend.

She was totally happy.

And I was totally crying.

I wasn't the only sad one, though.

Josh and Grace are super close. Best friends. I love it. Half the time when he's hurt, he asks for "Ace," and pushes past me to run to her. It's sooo cute. I really hope that they are always close.

He was missing his bud when she left today, though. He just kept looking out the window for her and calling for her.

It made me cry some more.

After (a very long) 3 hours, we picked them up. They were both so ridiculously happy and excited! They have incredible teachers, and made some new friends.

We celebrated by going for a long swim after school.

Perfect ending for a perfect first day!

I can not believe I have a 3rd grader and that Grace is in kindergarten. It feels like she was just 2, and we were bringing Adam for his first day of kindergarten. Crazy!

As sad as I am about them growing up so fast, I am so excited for them for this new school year and new school! We are sooo blessed!

No comments: