Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Payback (Someday)

Josh already weighs 1/2 of what Grace does.

Inevitably he will (someday) be bigger than her.

Inevitably he will tire of the pinching, kicking, hitting, being sat on, wrestling, and pushing that Grace doles out to him on a daily basis.

And (inevitably) he will get her back.

On that day, I'm going to show her this picture:



It's of a time that she tortured him by taking two (cooled) homemade cookies, placed one on his stomach, where he could smell and see it, but not touch it, and then sat in front of him, eating the other one. And laughing.

It's sibling cruelty of the highest form.

And maybe I will show her this one, too:


And even though it's not right maybe, just maybe, I will let him have a little bit of payback before I pull him off of her and talk about not attacking our siblings.

Maybe.

3 comments:

Grammy Suzzy said...

If I am not mistaken...do I not recall Adam treating Grace in a similar way? Maybe...just maybe...she thinks this is how you show LOVE to that sweet baby! Boy, I sure hope she can convince HIM that this is just how she was showing him LOVE...before he can grab her cookie...or her hair!!!

Shelbey said...

As a younger sibling who often endured sibling cruelty, I completely LOVED this post!

Heidi said...

Mom use to tell us the same thing about Mike. "look and those hands and feet, he's going to be bigger than you someday." We didn't let up and then one day... vacuum cleaner picked up over his head chasing after us. Yep, big sisters can be cruel. But it's all done in love.