Sunday, April 18, 2010

Adam's Kindergarten Art Book

Adam brought home an art project (or two) almost every day in kindergarten. They did projects for word families, phonetic sounds, science/social studies, and just for fun.

It was all so cute. But, it was taking up space. Adam couldn't bear to get rid of it (and truthfully, neither could I). So we began taking pictures of it all against a black (or white) sheet. He saved a few of his most favorite pieces, tossed the rest. Uploaded the pictures to Snapfish, Adam captioned it for me, I typed, and we began his first art book.

We finished it over the summer and then I began waiting for a good coupon on photo books to come along. And then I forgot about it as first grade got busy and my tummy got big with Mr. Josh.

A few weeks ago, we found some time and a good coupon, put the finishing touches on it, and ordered his Kindergarten Art Book.





It came yesterday and he LOVES it!

It's been so fun to look at (and laugh at his captioning).

He has brought home a lot of art in first grade but not NEARLY as much as kindergarten. So, I plan on making a combined first grade/second grade art book. Such a fun way to de-clutter, but keep the cute memories!

2 comments:

Grammy Suzzy said...

What a super idea! I just love how the artwork really is preserved forever now...and stays as nice as the day he brought it home. Isn't it great how the progress with digital photography, etc. has made it so easy to keep treasures treasured, and let the paperwork go! Can't wait to see the wonderful works of master artist Adam!

Heidi said...

I love this idea. I have so many art project from preschool already. I can only imagine what kindergarten will bring. I may steal this idea from you.