Saturday, April 17, 2010

Easter

In the past two years, I've taken the "fun" Easter celebrations down a notch. I really, really want to focus more on the Savior and why we really celebrate Easter.

Not that I don't like egg hunts and marshmallows, because, how can you not?

I would really like to get to the point where we do the egg hunt and such on Saturday, BUT Mike's job (and him going to the late re-broadcast of Priesthood session) just didn't allow for it this year.

I loved that we got to watch Conference Easter weekend. It made it a little crazier, but it was so fun that two things I loved were combined in the same weekend.

This year, we had the Easter bunny leave the baskets and filled eggs in our bedroom. On Easter morning, we came out and watched conference. After the morning session, we brought out the baskets.

Josh didn't get one, because, well, I didn't know what to do. It's not like he can eat yet, and I didn't want to do toys or anything (trying to keep it simple).

So, he just tried to steal Adam and Grace's instead:





Mike and I sent the kids in their room and we hid the eggs for the Easter bunny.

And then the kids searched:


The next night for our FHE activity we dyed our eggs.

We colored a lot of eggs. Adam and Grace LOVE hard boiled eggs. I cook a dozen a week for after-school snacks. I didn't have to make any for 2 weeks after Easter. ;)









(I saw the fun idea to use wire whisks for coloring the eggs in Family Fun magazine. Grace loved it, and I liked that her hands weren't green for 4 days after Easter. :) )

2 comments:

Grammy Suzzy said...

Kayty and I just stared in awe...the sweet Joshy we know is just barely a tiny baby...not a sweet little boy grabbing all the goodies from his sister and brother! He is just growing like a weed!!! Such cuties, all of them!

Amanda said...

I like your Easter Bunny better than ours...yours brought Red Vines!

I also saw the idea for dying eggs in Family Fun, but we didn't do eggs this year so I didn't get to try it out.