Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Enrichment Fiesta


Last night we had our big quarterly Enrichment dinner. We had a service auction fiesta, with taco salad for dinner. Everything went really well and everyone had such a good time!

However, after standing and running back-and-forth across the church for 5 hours straight, and doing a couple of other things that my doctor wouldn't be pleased with (involving ladders and lifting heavy furniture), I'm pretty sore today.

But, SO worth it last night. While I was cleaning up and preparing dessert, I stood in the doorway for a bit and watched the auction. Everyone was talking and laughing so hard that many were crying. It made up for all of the soreness, because that's really my personal main goal of each Enrichment night: for the sisters to get out of the house, spend time with one another, uplift each other, and have fun. When I plan out these things with my committee, we do incorporate improving on the home, family, and self. But (personally) I think that growing together as sisters is the most important part. And that definitely happened last night.

The RS president felt bad that I didn't get to actually participate in the auction last night and she wanted to thank me for last night, so today she brought me a bunch of homemade applewood smoked pulled pork, brisket, and ribs. How sweet is that?

So, Mike was pretty happy with the way Enrichment turned out, too. :)

1 comment:

Grammy Suzzy said...

Your ward is sooooo fortunate to have you. I am so glad it went well, and that you have such yummy stuff to eat! Now, young lady, about that ladder....