Monday, September 21, 2009

3 & 6


Last Monday, we took Adam and Grace to get their 3-year and 6-year well checks.

They are both doing great!

Adam lost 2 pounds since he turned 5, and Grace gained 2 since she turned 2. She is almost to 30... yay!

They are both still tall. They've always been tall, something that has surprised me since Mike and I are completely average in height.

I'm sure that the average-ness will catch up with them one of these days.

No vaccines (yay!), but the doctor recommended the flu shot, which I declined, because I'm not a fan. But, then I got thinking, that maybe I should have with the baby coming and all. Oh, well.

Adam got a hearing and vision test. He passed both. Something that also surprised me, because he never seems to hear anything I say. And he came home yesterday and told me that he couldn't "see" the apple in his lunch.

So he ate his dessert instead.

I thought I had forgotten to pack it. And then when I picked up his lunch bag to clean it, a shiny apple was sitting inside. He seemed surpised to see it. I was talking to him about stretching the truth (how do you just not see an apple?), when Mike walked up and said, "Why didn't you just throw it away? We would have never known then."

Thanks, hon! Afterall, if you're going to lie, do it right. Right?

Anyways, they are both healthy and doing well, and I'm so grateful. And I walked out happy when the doctor said, "See you in a year!

We like our pediatrician. I just like when we don't actually have to see her. ;)

1 comment:

Grammy Suzzy said...

You know, Allison, I actually had little Doran checked for his hearing. It was determined that he had "selective hearing loss!" His other brothers did too. And Nathan has the same malady that prevents him from seeing apples in his lunch. Them ol' Rice genes again! And hooray for Gracie gaining weight.(There is one who skipped the ol' Rice genes...lucky girl!)